3 Favorites - Vapentidningen No.2 - 2018

 The Swedish weapons magazine Vapentidningen is running a nice article series where their writers get to present their three favorites when it comes to shooting and hunting. In the latest issue of the mag, on it's way out in stores as I write, I give you three of my absolute favorites to bring out to the shooting range and into the woods.




Para-Ordnance P-14 (The fat guy)
This is a happy piece from the 90's. A double stack 1911 holding up to 15 45ACPs gets your hands full when running the P-14. Great for when running dynamic shooting in the standard class. The mag article gives you some history of the manufacturer Para together with some nice pics of the original pistol from late late 90's.

Remington 660 (The 2nd class guy)
This is the sibling of the perhaps more well known model Mohawk. The 600 series was in production
from 1964 to 2004 and I really appreciate the rifles compact design and accuracy. They were chambered for a number of calibers but my favorite is the .222 Rem. that falls into the 2nd class when talking about game classes here in Sweden. Inside the mag article you can read about the modifications made to my rifle.




Victorinox Swiss Soldier's Knife 08 (The SAK)
The knife geek in me had to choose at least one knife for this article. One really good friend of mine is the Swiss Soldier's Knife 08 helping me out when out in the woods as well as out on the homestead. This is the current official folding knife of the Swiss military and it's truly a trooper. I see this as a multi tool for my dirty work cutting and poking. A nice tool helping me save the edge of my other knife the Doer that I use for carving and food prepping (remember to clean your knife in-between). Inside this mag article you get some info about the 08's development.




Some of the other interesting articles inside the same magazine is; Mauser M18 (Anders Pettersson), Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 (Henrik Kalling) and Barrett M82 (Henrik Jansson).




I hope you'll enjoy the article and the mag!

To see my other articles published inside the Vapentidningen; click HERE


På Svenska