Sonfjället


.
.
.
Place: Sonfjället, Härjedalen, Sweden
Coordinates: Lat: 62.28447, Lon:13.54070
Time: 1 day in July
Map: Gröna kartan 173A Sånfjället
.
On my way home after visiting a good friend in Östersund I get this craving for some Fjäll (mountains). Therefore I take the road through Vemdalen and Hede, park my Jeep by the foothills, put my boot on and start climbing the 1277 m high Sonfjället. I stop for a well earned chocolate bar in a small cabin down in Sododalen (The Sodo Wally). The wind and the rain lets me have the hole mountain to myself. Down in the wally the temperature is +11°C (+52°F). During my descent the wind settles and it gets all quiet. The only thing I here is the Cuckoo spreading it's peaceful song in the magical surrounding. Four horus and 10 km later I'm back in the car heading South now with a even bigger smile on my face. Visit Länsstyrelsen Jämtland's website for more info on Sonfjället.

Please see more on our new website jonasvildmark.com