Hunting Ripsa





Place: RipsaSödermanland, Sweden
Coordinates: Lat: 58.96916, Lon: 17.03473
Time: 1 day in January

Today I'm acting back up shooter on the beautiful and game full hunting grounds of Ripsa located about 30 kilometers North of Nyköping. It's Svensk Jakt together with Holmen that are arranging today's hunt in favor of a group of young hunters. The excited gang is gathered this crispy Winters morning when the temperature shows -4°F (-20°C). Today we have our sights set on Fallow DeerRoe Deer and Wild Boar. The cold weather forces us to keep the dogs in the trucks for now and let the service mind Holmen people do the driving of the game.
I get to see a lot of beautiful Deer but none within good reach during the morning. But later in the afternoon when the temperature has climbed up to +5°F (-15°C) we let the dogs lose and I get two animals within reach, but unfortunately I can't get a good shoot so I let them pass.

This has been a terrific hunting day. I'm impressed with the amount of game these grounds are holding. Seven animals were laid down today and together the shooters have sighted over 100 Fallow Deer.
I want to give a big thanks to Svensk Jakt and Holmen for a good job arranging this perfect hunting day. Now I'm off for a nice and warm dinner together with friends telling spicy hunting stories.


På Svenska