The Swedish Axe - Vapentidningen No.6 - 2016

Perfect timing!.. After an fantastic weekend at the Bushcraftfestivalen 2016 and some deer hunting the latest issue of  the Swedish magazine Vapentidningen pops up in the mail. This issue feels extra special for us as it contains an article based on our project The Swedish Axe.




Since 2012 I've been studying the inspiring Swedish axe culture. Within the project I've visited the three big live and kicking Swedish axe manufacturers (Hultafors, Gränsfors and Wetterlings) together with the axe handle manufacturer Smedbergs. In this three page long magazine article I summarize the Swedish axe culture in general, the three biggest manufacturer's history and take a closer look at three different mid size axe models. Of course everything about The Swedish Axe doesn't fit on just three pages so also feel free to surf this webpage for more stuff on axes. Also use #theswedishaxe  in social medias to see more. Our courses ofcourse also contain our knowledge about The Swedish Axe.




Besides the article The Swedish Axe this latest issue of Vapentidningen contain interesting articles like; Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather SS (Erland Gunnarsson), 9 mm Parabellum (Åke Nordin) and the Swedish Armed Forces advanced combat shooting training (Erik Bjjälkvall).




You can see the pdf-version of my axe article by clicking HERE.

To all of you I had the pleasure of meeting in person at last weekend's Bushcraftfestival; I want to send my warmest thanks for helping us creating a memorable and historical first issue of the international bushcraft festival in Sweden. I also hope you all had a great start to the hunting season. Take the opportunity to read Vapentidningen in between your hunting sessions, take care and I hope to see you soon again, perhaps at the Bushcraftfestivalen 2017.

Also check out my earlier mag articles in Vapentidningen by clicking HERE.


På Svenska