Hiking along Bunkeflostrand

Foto: S. Olsson


Foto: S. Olsson


Place: The National park of Bunkeflo strandängar, Malmö, Sweden
Coordinates: Lat: 55.55694, Lon: 12.90422
Time: 1 day in February

The snow has just rained away here in Malmö but the cold air is still sticking around. The freezing winds from Öresund bites my cheeks and fills my lungs with fresh oxygen. My little Sonia, sitting on my back, is snuggled up behind my neck sleeping, as we slowly hike along the coastline of Bunkeflostrand. This beautiful area is Malmö's oldest national park and is a important home to many bird species. The shallow waters also make a good place for fish to thrive. For centuries the nutrient soil here have made this a good pasture for livestock. It's a majestic sight to see the Öresund bridge over to Denmark spreading all over the bay connecting to the Bunkeflostrand; a nice meeting between the old ways and modern engineering.

På Svenska