Some advice on clothing

I try to use roomy clothing that helps my body to breath as much as possible. I avoid cotton, the saying "cotton kills" comes from the fact that cotton very efficiently absorb fluids as rain and sweat, and when wet you get cold. Instead I use woolen or synthetic materials. Instead of one thick layer I use several layers of clothing allowing me to adjust to temperature, weather and activity; the colder the more layers. I always bring an extra set of socks and long johns inside a dry bag. This way I can keep warm while the wet set drys off. Below I've listed what I usually use for clothing at a non-diving activity.

Feet
When hiking I use comfortable, supporting and water resistant leather boots. Closest to the foot I wear a liner, a thin sock, and then thicker socks. When out paddling I instead use a pair of diving booties. On longer trips I usually also bring a pair of sandals or training shoes for resting my feet in camp.

Legs
I like roomy long legged trousers protecting me from wind, sun and vegetation. Instead of  boxers I use a pair of swimming shorts. These are comfortable, drys quickly and are practical when you like to take off your trousers. Even when operating in non-arctic environments I always bring my long johns for snuggling in camp.

Upper body
Closest to my skin I wear a thin long sleeve polyester or woolen shirt. On top of that one or two long slewed shirts. When chilly I apply a woolen worm shirt on top of that. And then a wind and rain resistant jacket with a hood and allot of practical pockets. I also bring a big and warm winter coat to put on while resting.

Head
Pending on the climate I use a boonie hat for protecting me from the sun, a baseball cap or a beanie. When i tough and cold weather a hood on your jacket is a blessing. Often I bring a scarf. The scarf and beanie is also nice wearing while sleeping outdoors.

Hands
Usually I bring three type of hand wear. A pair of work gloves, a pair of knitted gloves and a pair of warm mittens. When paddling I use a pair of thin diving gloves.

As you've noticed I don't prefer bringing rain coats and such, they just make me wet from the inside of sweat. Instead I use easy-drying materials, a robust jacket and a set of change.
I hope this post gave you some good ideas on what to bring on Your next adventure.

Please read more on our new website jonasvildmark.com